Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Car Seat Makeover

My mom was here a couple weeks ago and it's kind of amazing how much more productive I am when she's around. ;-) We had two sewing projects, both unnecessary, but I am SO THANKFUL that we were able to do them! So much more cheerful.

The old car seat was a minty green and very pale orange, with brown binding. It arrived in the mail a week before the little man was due, so I didn't want to risk returning it even though it was most definitely *not* the color scheme I had thought I was purchasing.


We saved the brown binding, but went a little more cheery on the rest:





Isn't my mom amazing? I could never have figured it all out by myself. Especially the button holes for where the straps come through. This tutorial came in handy, mostly just for the pictures. 

We also made a couple new boppy covers. The cover options made by boppy aren't really very...cool. I just used some fabric that my mother-in-law gave me a month or two ago and it's better than it was before. We used the old cover to make a pattern and a 20" invisible zipper (I learned how to do a zipper the right way *finally*!)


1 comment:

  1. Yahoo for sewing projects! Loved doing these with you!!

    ReplyDelete